Several clients have asked me how they can leave email messages on the server - specifically because they and their Owner/Practice Manager also access email from a particular account. Usually this issue has to do with how Outlook is set up, because one person is accessing the email account via Outlook and the other will be using Webmail (the preferred method of email access).
To change settings in your Outlook account so that you are not automatically downloading all of the incoming email to your Outlook account, and thereby leaving messages on the server until your co-worker can also access them, please read blow:
How To Leave copies of Message on the Server
- Open Outlook.
- Click the File tab > Account settings.
- Highlight your current POP3 account and click Change.
Note: The window that opens will tell you what type of email account you have. (Look under Type.)
- Choose More settings and click on Advanced.
- You should see a check box titled: Leave a copy of messages on the server.
- Checking the box will enable Leave a copy of the message on the server.